Travelling to Bali Indonesia but confusing what to do, No wonder There are too many things and activities in this island. A small island with thousands of magic which attract travelers around the globe to visit this small island. From its Spending the day at the famous area like Seminyak or Visiting Ubud with its peaceful surrounding Find what is Bali famous for? Here is the complete guide about What is Must See, Do and Eat in Bali.
Bali in Indonesia is a Province located between Java And Lombok island. Indonesia is consist of 17.504 Island, Yes seventeen thousand five hundreds island. This is an unique with different culture, Religion and tradition which is influence the local life style. No wonder that the name of Bali itself is more famous compare to Indonesia.
So what is there to do in Bali?
The main thing is not about those Hotels, Beach clubs or high end shopping are. We are not going to talking about that. The Main things are the Balinese Temple, Beaches, Rice paddy terraces, Waterfalls, Villages and its local foods and hospitality.
Hindu Temples Visit
When you come to Bali, Make sure to visit a few temples, Find here the list of Temples in Bali you MUST visit while in Bali.
Here is the list of temple you must see:
- Uluwatu Temple, Best For sunset and its amazing cliff view
- Tanah Lot Temple, Temple on the sea, Also Best for Sunset
- Ulun Danu Beratan Temple, Temple on the lake with mountain breezing
- Besakih Temple, The Biggest Temple in Bali, Also called The mother temple
- Lempuyang Temple, Bali Gate of Heaven temple in eastern side of this island. One of the most instagrammable places in Bali
- Tirtha Empul Temple, The Water Holy water Temple Near Ubud Bali
The next things to Do in Bali is Rice Paddy Field
Before tourism is developed in Bali, Farming is the main industry for locals. The Tourism already change the island become a tourism industry. But that is in the southern part of the Island. Rice terrace is the place you must see. Find here the Best rice terraces in Bali
Learn and experience How the Balinese locals work in Farming. Here you can walk along the rice paddy field, Capture the Green scenery. Here is the Best rice paddy terraces you can Visit.
- Tegalalang Rice terrace, A Small rice pady with amazing view. Great spot to walk around and meet the farmers
- Jati Luwih Rice Terrace. The Biggest Rice Paddy field in the northern Side.
Enjoy the Beaches, A must Do in south Bali
Beach is the most popular things to attract travelers to come around this island. from surfing beach into a peaceful white sand beach and clear crystal beaches are available to visit. Find here the best Beaches in Bali
Beach is the most popular and attract Tourist. There are plenty of Beaches you Can Visit. The nicest one is in the southern side. Here is the list.
- Pandawa Beach, The beach with cliff view and 1 Km long coastline
- Melasti Beach Ungasan. The new Beach with its amazing cliff terraces
- Green Bown Beach, The hidden beach with less visitor
- Canggu Beaches. Dark Color Beach in between Seminyak and Tanah Lot Temple
- Uluwatu Beaches, Uluwatu indeed is the host of the Best Beaches popular for sunset view, The beach you must visit in Uluwatu Like Padang Padang Beach, Blue Point Beach aka Suluban Beach and Bingin Beach
- Jimbaran Beach for Sunset with Seafood Dinner
Visit the Hidden Waterfalls
If you are looking for a peaceful, Natural and remote are with less people, Visiting waterfalls while exploring the countryside area in the northern side is one of things to do. Find here the Best Waterfalls in Bali
For nature lover, You can not missed the Waterfalls in Bali. in the northern side is host of the falls. A good place to see the real nature and its quite and true Balinese villages. Here is the waterfall you must visit
- Aling Aling waterfall. Find 4 Falls in one area, Canyon slidding, cliff Jumping and Trek along the rice paddy field You can do.
- Sekumpul Waterfall. The tallest falls up to 100 meter high and its neighbor 7 falls near the area.
- Banyumala or twin waterfall. Scenic and fresh waterfall with natural pool to soak around.
- Tegenungan Waterfall, Waterfall in Ubud with Swing activities
Visit Neighbor island, Nusa Penida
Beside the Main island, it also has another 3 more small islands in the south east. These 3 islands are separated by Bali strait. Which mean only accessible via Boat. It will take 1 Hours to cross the strait.
- Lembongan island. A great place to visit for a day via Boat or cruise ship for a day. Good for Snorkeling and its resort Beaches
- Nusa Penida, or Penida Island is the latest famous places places with its beach and high cliff. You can visit famous diamond beach or the T REX beach etc. Find Here for details of attraction in Nusa Penida
Do Out door Activities In Bali
Looking for fun things and adventure activities, Bali has all of them. here is the outdoor things to do in Bali
- Bali Swings is worth a try for you are adrenaline junkies or just to make a photograph. You can find it in Tegalalang rice terrace in Ubud
- Water Sports at Tanjung Benoa Beach for Marine activities or River rafting tour to explore the river with easy paddling. Find here for Water Sports activities in Bali
- Learn To Surf at Canggu Beach or Kuta Beach with local beach boys
- Fly a long the cliff with Paragliding in Bali
Try Local foods
Beside those Sight seeing, Foods is worth a try. Balinese culinary is taste different. Tasty and spicy local foods in Bali is a good experience to do. You can find the local warung or eat on the night markets. Here is the culinary you may experience and eat
- Babi Guling or Balinese Roast Suckling Pig. Balinese traditional dishes you will easily found around this island.
- Smoked chicken or Ayam Betutu, A unique Spice flavored slow cooked chicken with soft meat texture
- Seafood BBQ with Balinese Sambal or Homemade Balinese chili sauces
Shop and Bargain in a Traditional Market
Shop like a local? You can go to traditional art market. Remember that Bali prices are not fixed. Shop around the market you can do Bargain for any local product like clothes, Merchandise or anything typically Balinese souvenir. Here is the best places to shop and Bargain.
- Sukawati art Market, a traditional Market to get any types of Balinese clothing and arts product. The favorite places for local to shop for cheap and bargain price
- Ubud Market. one of the most art market and the most busy place for shopping. Beside those merchandise and souvenir, Here you can find also local boutique shop
- Gift Shop Center or locally known as Toko Oleh oleh. This is a place to buy local products similar like you find in the market but in a modern style, Clean and fully air conditioned. Prices are fixed just like a supermarket but they are cheap.
How many days needed to explore Bali?
To create you itinerary to visit all the best things to do in Bali, You can find it on Bali Tour itinerary Page
Do not forget to cover yourself with travel insurance to Bali
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.