Which temple must visit while in Bali? This will explain Bali temple tour than should become the list of places to visit while in Bali. Bali island is the host of thousand Hindu temple as the majority op people is Hinduism.
Temple in Bali is a sacred place where local come to visit for praying. Temple in Bali are mostly located in the peaceful area, Let say temple in the Lake, in the sea and in the mountain.
About Hindu Temples
Temples or In local language literate PURA, Is a holy place for Balinese Hinduism for praying to describe their thankful to the God. The term Pura originates from the Sanskrit word (-pur, -puri, -pura, -puram, -pore), meaning “city”, “walled city”, “towered city”, or “palace”. Which was adopted with the Indianization spread of Hinduism.
While the term puri came to refer to palace, the residence of kings and nobles. During the development of the Balinese language the term pura came to refer to a religious temple complex.
The Lay Out of Temple in Bali.
Temple is a unique place, The temple are designed as an open air place of worship within enclosed walls, Connected with a series of intricately decorated gates between its compounds. These walled compounds contain several shrines, Meru (towers), and bale (pavilions).
The design, plan and layout of the temple in Bali follows the Trimandala concept of Balinese space allocation. The Entrance gate of Temple has 2 types Candi bentar (Split Gate) is the gate used in the nista mandala (Outside area), While the kori agung (Connected gate/ roofed gate) is employed as the gate between the Madya mandala (middle Area) and Utama mandala (The Main area for worship)
Dress code during Temple Tours in Bali
Tour to visit temple in Bali is one of the must see attractions in Bali. There are thousand of temple available, But which one to visit in a day or two?. Before you do temple tours, You need to understand about the temple visit in Bali.
Please Note, A women during monthly period is not advised to enter the temple area,
Bali Temple Tours
Here is the Temple tours you can do in Bali. The combination of temple tours is designed with best route for maximizing the time. Below is 3 Days tour program highlighted in temple visit in Bali.
Visiting Royal Temple, Temple on the Lake and Tanah lot Temple.
#1. Royal Temple or Taman Ayun Temple is the Mengwi kingdom temple. A Beautiful temple with nice garden surrounded with ponds.
- Taman Ayun Temple - 0 (0) Taman Ayun Temple also popular as Bali Royal family Temple, A temple surrounded by beautiful GardenPura (temple) Taman Ayun was built in 1634 by the Raja of Mengwi, I Gusti Agung Putu. It is also called Pura Kawiten or family temple, a special temple where the deified ancestors of the King Dynasty of […]
#2. Lake Beratan Tempe tour or Ulun Danu Beratan temple or often mentioned the floating temple, This temple located in the northern side. The landmark of Bali tourism.
- Ulun Danu Beratan Temple - 0 (0) Known as the floating temple in the middle of the lake, Ulun Danu Beratan is the icon of Bali Tourism.Pura Ulun Danu Beratan, or Pura Beratan, is a water temples in Bali, Indonesia. The temple complex is located on the shores of Lake Beratan in the mountains near Bedugul. Water temples serve the […]
#3. Tanah Lot Temple Tour, Visiting the most famous temple in Bali. Visit this temple during the sunset time for the best experience.
- Tanah Lot Temple Bali, Everything you need to know - 5 (1) Tanah Lot Temple in Bali, The land mark of Bali tourism and the Best for watching sunset in Bali. A temple stand in the rock in the mid of the sea with ocean backgound. During the high tide this temple will appear floating in the sea. The Best and must visit places of […]
Visiting Temples in Ubud and Uluwatu Temple
This temple tours in Bali is quite too packed one, But this you will see the temple at Ubud Bali. This 1 day tour visiting below places:
#1. Batuan Temple, A Village Temple(regional temple) at South Ubud known as Batuan Village. The art village in Ubud where you also can see the carving or painting.
- Batuan Temple Bali - 5 (1) Known as a Village temple for locals of Batuan Village. Batuan temple in Bali located near Ubud center. One of the beautiful temple with rich of stone carving. About Batuan temple, Ubud Bali Batuan Temple is a local Balinese Hindu temple looked after by the local resident of Batuan countryside. located in the […]
#2. Elephant Cave Temple or Localy literate Goa Gajah Temple, The temple with Elephant cave.
- Elephant Cave Temple Bali – Ubud attractions - 5 (1) Locally literate as Pura Goa Gajah, Elephant cave temple in Bali is located in the famous tourist area in the center of the island, Ubud. Goa Gajah Temples has an unique architectures comparing to another temple all around the island. This temple has a cave with Elephant shaped face, That is why this […]
#3. The Holy Spring Temple or Tirtha Empul Temple, A temple with water fountain believed for spiritual healing.
- Tirtha Empul Temple Bali, The purification water temple - 0 (0) Tirtha Empul Temple or popular with The Holy Spring Temple in Bali, A temple with Fountain and Pond Located in the north east of Ubud village, Pura tirtha empul or The Holy spring temple believed by local Balinese as a temple for spiritual healing, mostly busy during the full moon, where locals are […]
#4. Uluwatu Temple with Sunset. The last visit for this temple tour is Uluwatu temple at the south west of Bali island. The temple in the edge of the rock, The best for sunset view point
- Uluwatu temple in Bali, entrance fee and things to do - Uluwatu Temple Bali, Bali temple with ocean background and inhabited with group of Monkeys, Best time to visit during the sunset time. Temple located in the edge of high cliff approximately 80 meter from the sea level. Uluwatu temple is one of 6 keys temple in Bali as the spiritual pillars of Bali island. Uluwatu Temple Bali is Bali's most popular and most visited temple in Bali. uluwatu temple Entrance fee is IDR. 30,000/Person includes sarong and sash.
Bali Temple Tours Visiting Mother temple and Gate of Heaven
This Tour is visiting temples in the eastern side of Bali. The Mother temple at Besakih temple and the Famous Gate of Heaven at Pura Penataran Agung Lempuyang (Pura Lempuyang). The most instagrammable places in Bali.
#1 Besakih Temple is The Mother temple of all temple In Bali. The temple complex in the slope of Mount Agung, Bali Highest and active volcano.
- Besakih Temple, The Mother temple in Bali - 0 (0) The biggest Temple in Bali, Besakih Temple is the center of all temple around the island. Besakih Temple or popular among travelers as Bali’s Mother temple. Visiting Besakih temple offer you the biggest temple complex with Mt. Agung Scenic background. located in the east part of Bali, Karangasem Regency. Brief History Over a […]
#2 Pura Penataran Agung Lempuyang or Pura Lempuyang, The Gate of Heaven temple tours. Located in the east of Bali. The best spot for photoshot with temple Split gate and mt. Agung Background.
- Lempuyang Temple Bali, A complete guide to Bali Gate of Heaven - 5 (1) Known as Bali gate of heaven, Lempuyang Temple Or Pura Lempuyang is a Hindu Temple in Bali. One of the most Visited places in Bali. The oldest temple in Bali you must Visit during your holiday in Bali. All you need to know about Lempuyang temple, Entrance fee and Tours details. Jump To: […]